Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 578
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 omelette)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-low heat, and stir in the shiitake mushroom, shallot, salt, red pepper flakes, and sage. Cook and stir until the shallot is translucent, about 5 minutes. Mix in the turkey and vermouth, and stir for a minute or two just to heat; remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs with a fork in a bowl until well blended, and season with a pinch of salt and white pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in an omelette pan over medium heat until hot, and pour the beaten eggs into the pan. Use a spatula to gently stir the eggs just until they begin to set, 1 to 2 minutes; shake the pan to cover the bottom completely with egg. Smooth out the top of the partially set eggs with the spatula, cook just until the bottom is firm and the top is still slightly soft, and turn off the heat.
- Spoon turkey filling into the center of the omelette, filling about the middle third of the omelette; dot with small dollops of creme fraiche. Do not overfill omelet. With spatula, fold the upper third of the egg over the filling, and gently tip the skillet and shake the omelette towards the edge of the skillet. With spatula, fold the omelet over one more time, forming a loose cigar shape, and gently tip the omelet onto a serving plate.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- This is not a frittata. For preparing multiple servings, prep all ingredients and have your mise en place (your prepared ingredients and equipment) at hand to create multiple servings. You can save some time by preparing the filling in a single batch. I also like to add a small splash of vermouth to the filling once the mirepoix has softened, and then let it evaporate during the heating of the turkey. There's plenty of room to have fun with your creativity. Hope you enjoy.
- Omelette will continue to cook after heat is turned off; the egg should be set and still soft and slightly creamy inside.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 578 calories; 48.1 12.1 25.1 439 761 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2