Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h servings 280
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Whisk together the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut in the cold butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (This can also be done in a food processor: pulse the cold butter or shortening until it's the size of small peas. Turn mixture into a bowl and proceed.) Add the ice water a tablespoon at a time, tossing with a fork, until the flour mixture is moistened. Do not add more water than you need: when you squeeze a handful of the moistened pastry mixture, it should form a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Lightly butter 2 pizza pans. Separate 1/3 of the dough; roll into a 6-inch circle on a floured surface. Roll the remaining 2/3 of dough into a 12-inch circle. Place the dough on the prepared pans. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Sprinkle half of the sugar on the dough. Arrange the apple slices in concentric circles over the dough, then sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the apricot jam in a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour the jam into a microwave-safe bowl, and heat on high until the jam is warm, about 1 minute. Brush the warm glaze over the apples before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 280 calories; 13.5 40.5 2.4 36 300 Full nutrition