Cherry Amish Friendship Bread Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 366 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the Amish friendship bread starter, eggs, vegetable oil, 1/2 cup milk, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until thoroughly combined. Mix in the flour and cherry gelatin powder. Spoon the batter into the prepared cupcake cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the vegetable shortening with butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, and add the vanilla extract. Beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, stopping often to scrape down the sides of the bowl; mix in the milk, and beat until the frosting is light and fluffy. Spread on cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle each cupcake with a few white chocolate chips, if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- Here's a recipe for Amish Friendship Bread Starter, the leavening used in these cupcakes.
Per Serving: 366 calories; 19.5 g fat; 45.6 g carbohydrates; 3.3 g protein; 35 mg cholesterol; 166 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I only made the frosting part of this recipe because i already had a cake i was making but had no frosting and i found this and this frosting is so delicious and creamy smooth, we really like th...