Stuffed Pasta Shells Surprise
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 631
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the shell pasta, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 13 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the ground beef. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 2 9x13-inch baking dishes with cooking spray. Combine the 2 cups mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, spinach, and pesto together in a bowl.
- Stir half of the cheese-spinach mixture into the cooked beef. Season with garlic powder. Spread about 1 cup spaghetti sauce into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Stuff 12 pasta shells with the beef and cheese mixture, then arrange in the baking dish. Top with the remaining spaghetti sauce, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Mix the remaining spinach-cheese mixture with ham and crab. Stuff the last 12 pasta shells with the ham mixture, and arrange in another 9x13-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Pour the alfredo sauce on top, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake both casseroles in the preheated oven until the cheese melts and the sauce is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 631 calories; 35.8 41.2 36.3 105 1563 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Loved it and I only did the beef mixture! I needed to use up left over bratwurst, so I substituted that for the ground beef and it was great and easy too. I had no pesto but was still great. ...
I loved this recipe! I made both at the same time and froze one so I didn't have to cook on another night. Big plus for a busy mom of twins!