Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 348
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, garlic and dried herbs; cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- Crumble in beef and pork and brown all over, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato juice, chili sauce, tomato paste and Worcestershire Sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spread 1/4 of the sauce in to a 13- x 9-in (3 L) casserole dish. Top with 3 noodles. Layer with 1/4 more sauce and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layers twice, ending with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Twist 1: For a leaner lasagna, substitute ground chicken or turkey for the beef and pork.
- Twist 2: For a Meatless lasagna, substitute veggie ground round for the beef and pork.
- Twist 3: For a spoon-style, lasagna casserole, substitute pre-cooked macaroni for lasagna noodles.
- Excellent source vitamin B12, folate, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus and magnesium.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 13.6 36.7 22.5 57 915 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I have made this lasagna before and really the recipe is very good. My only recommendation would be to buy medium moisture mozzarella cheese you will notice the difference in the end result. My ...
We were disappointed. The problem has to do with two things: the oven-ready lasagna and the lack of ricotta or other cheeses. The sauce is good, though!
I made this and everyone LOVED it. Thanks for sharing this recipe it was delicious.