Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 348 cals
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, garlic and dried herbs; cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- Crumble in beef and pork and brown all over, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato juice, chili sauce, tomato paste and Worcestershire Sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spread 1/4 of the sauce in to a 13- x 9-in (3 L) casserole dish. Top with 3 noodles. Layer with 1/4 more sauce and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layers twice, ending with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Twist 1: For a leaner lasagna, substitute ground chicken or turkey for the beef and pork.
- Twist 2: For a Meatless lasagna, substitute veggie ground round for the beef and pork.
- Twist 3: For a spoon-style, lasagna casserole, substitute pre-cooked macaroni for lasagna noodles.
- Excellent source vitamin B12, folate, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus and magnesium.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 13.6 g fat; 36.7 g carbohydrates; 22.5 g protein; 57 mg cholesterol; 915 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
We were disappointed. The problem has to do with two things: the oven-ready lasagna and the lack of ricotta or other cheeses. The sauce is good, though!
I made this and everyone LOVED it. Thanks for sharing this recipe it was delicious.
It turned out really good. I used a store bought sauce to save a little time but also had to Doctor it up a bit more. This was my 1st time using sweet chili sauce in lasagna and it gave it a di...