Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 207 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm oil. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove chops to a plate and set aside.
- Add tomato paste to skillet and cook, stirring, for 15 seconds. Add bell peppers and onion to skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
- Add wine and bring to a boil, scraping up and stirring in any browned bits in the skillet. Return chops to skillet, nestling them in the liquid, and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook 4 minutes. Turn chops, cover, and cook until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Serve pork with pepper and onion mixture spooned on top.
- Serving Suggestions:
- On the side, try steamed broccolini, buttered noodles or orzo pasta, or roasted potatoes. And to vary the recipe, try using bone-in chops, or using white wine, chicken broth, or vegetable broth instead of red wine. You can also add herbs, like thyme or rosemary. And you can swap other vegetables for the peppers try green and yellow zucchini, mixed mushrooms, or broccoli and cauliflower florets.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 9.9 g fat; 6.4 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 43 mg cholesterol; 60 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I never thought of frying tomato paste before, and was a bit hesitant to try this time, but I'm glad I did. The aroma is amazing! I used Chianti (my favorite red), and added green bell pepper as...