Pork Chimichurri Salad
made it | 0 reviews |
National Pork Board
"Fresh salad greens, cherry tomatoes, and cheese are tossed in a fresh herb and chipotle chimichurri dressing, then topped with tender, sliced broiled pork."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 399 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a food processor, combine olive oil, vinegar, parsley, oregano leaves, and chipotle and puree. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat a broiler and arrange a rack 6 inches from the heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil.
- Place pork on the baking sheet and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Broil until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove pork from broiler and let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine greens, cherry tomatoes, cheese, and chimichurri dressing to taste. Arrange salad on plates or a platter.
- Cut chops into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange on top of salad, drizzle with additional dressing, and serve.
- * Instead of making the Chimichurri from scratch, you can also purchase ready-made pesto sauce, mix it with the vinegar and the chipotle then season it according to taste.
- Serving Suggestions:
- Serve this satisfying salad with a crusty roll or a small pile of tortilla chips. To vary the recipe, change the greens to spinach, arugula, or romaine. Add sliced red onion, black olives, or shredded carrots. You can even grill or pan-sear the pork chops instead of broiling.
Per Serving: 399 calories; 23.7 g fat; 13.8 g carbohydrates; 34.3 g protein; 79 mg cholesterol; 180 mg sodium. Full nutrition