Ingredients30 m servings 605
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the rotini, and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 6 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan, and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover, and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the broccoli rabe, recover, and steam until just tender, about 2 minutes depending on thickness.
- Place the Italian sausage into a large skillet over medium heat, and cook until browned and no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes. Remove sausage from pan and set aside; drain excess grease, leaving about 1 tablespoon of sausage drippings in the pan. Sprinkle in the garlic, and cook until it starts to brown, about 1 minute; stir in half the broccoli rabe. Cook and stir until the rabe has wilted, and add the remaining rabe and the diced tomatoes. Cook until all the rabe is tender, about 5 minutes; sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Return the sausage to the skillet, and cook just until the meat is hot; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper flakes, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve over hot rotini.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 605 calories; 28.3 55.5 34.6 73 1089 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Wonderful ! Don't change anything - great recipe!!
Really wasn't into the broccoli rabe. I steamed it first, but it just remained too bitter for me. The rest was fine. My family just picked around the rabe.
Thanks for a simple recipe! I needed to use some ingredients we already had so I sub'd the italian sausage with beef sausage; I used fresh grape tomatos instead of canned; I steamed fresh brocc...
This is a delicious basic sausage pasta recipe. So easy and fast. I used left over grilled Italian sausage and grilled veggies. I used chard instead of broccoli rabe. I cut up the sausage and th...
We really enjoyed your recipe! Simple ingredients, easy to prepare, AND delicious! This is a winner in my book!
This recipe was delicious. I made it exactly to the recipe and will make one change next time I make it. It seemed a little dry so I will add another can of tomatoes.
It was good. I substituted fettuccini for rotini, cauliflower for broccoli and smokies for spicy sausage. I cut up the smokies, and sauteed them in my cast iron pan in 1 c. red wine. I added 2 ...
I used regular broccoli and italian sausage (no spicy). It was delicious. Great easy recipe!