Ingredients1 h servings 224
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Place the pie crust mix into a bowl, and lightly rub the butter and water into the mix until the mixture holds together well enough to form a ball. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and knead several times to make the dough more elastic. Form into a ball again, and cut the ball in half; cut each half into half again (4 pieces); cut each quarter into thirds to make 12 total pieces. Roll the pieces into balls, and set aside.
- Beat together the egg yolks, sugar, cream, milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl until light and foamy, about 3 minutes; strain the filling through a fine mesh strainer into a clean bowl.
- Press a dough ball into the bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a prepared muffin cup; repeat for remaining dough pieces. Spoon each crust about 80 percent full of the egg yolk mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crusts are golden brown, the filling is set, and the tarts are lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 224 calories; 15 19.7 3 86 222 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Real portuguese egg tarts have puff pastry shells, so I cut circules out of a sheet of puff pastry and lined my tart molds with that. I used 1/4 cup of sugar and the filling was quite sweet enou...
My fiance has been begging me to make these ever since he tried them in Hong Kong so I was so excited when I found this recipe! I used a roll of pillsbury pie crust cut into tart size circles, ...