Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 497
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread the blackberries into the prepared baking pan, and sprinkle with white sugar; drizzle with lemon juice. In a bowl, mix the lemon-poppy seed muffin mix, egg, milk, and cinnamon, and stir until moistened. It's okay to leave lumps in the batter. Pour the batter over the blackberries.
- Place the butter and brown sugar into a bowl, and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Spread this mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the topping is browned and the blackberries are bubbling, about 1 hour. Allow to stand for 20 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Note
- Use other flavors of muffin mix for a variety of flavors. Other muffin mixes I have used include cinnamon-apple and blueberry.
Per Serving: 497 calories; 19.2 79.1 5.3 62 383 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Tried this last night...what a great recipe to be so easy to make! I used frozen blackberries but was careful to drain very well.
This is scrumptious! The sweet tangy berries and wonderful crumble is the perfect mixture! I have to leave out the cinnamon though - I'm allergic. I don't miss it. ;-)
This was good but definitely not 5 star worthy. However, I could not find fresh blackberries so maybee that is why. Not sure. I will make it again as it was good.
Had to use 2 eggs and 1/2 cup milk with the poppy seed muffin mix to be able to spread it on the blackberries. This turned out perfect!