- Combine cucumber and onion slices in a large bowl, layering with salt: cover with ice cubes. Let stand 11/2 hours. Drain; rinse; drain again.
- Combine remaining ingredients except Pickle Crisp in a large saucepot; bring to a boil. Add drained cucumbers and onions and return to a boil.
- Pack hot pickles and liquid into hot jars, 1/2-inch headspace. Add rounded 1/8 tsp Pickle Crisp(R) Granules to each jar. Remove air bubbles. Adjust two-piece caps.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner, adjusting for altitude.
- © 2011 Hearthmark, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Ball logo and Ball®, TMs Ball Corporation, used under license. Kerr logo and Kerr®, TMs Kerr Group Inc., used under license.
Per Serving: 84 calories; 0.4 20.2 1 0 1980 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I used this recipe as I lost mine. I deleted the ginger, and used 3 cups of sugar for a double recipe. I also deleted the pickle crisp as I like these pickles a little soft. Some times that s...
great recipe...came out perfect...I cut back on the onions,adding the difference in red and yellow sweet peppers....added a tsp of red pepper flakes to the vinegar mix
I have made 4 batches of these and I hate giving them away I love them so much,but I want to share too.I do not put ginger in mine and I use less onions,its a great recipe.
This is great with zucchini instead of cucumbers. I used 2, each the length of my forearm, to make 8 pints. Delicious!
Awesome. Added 1/8 tsp of ground clove. Really brought out the flavor.
The only thing i changed was i added red and yellow pepper and cut back on the onion.