Ingredients50 m servings 207 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil, and place a baking rack on the foil-lined sheet.
- In a bowl, mix together the condensed milk and mustard until thoroughly combined. Cut the crusts off the bread and discard crusts or save for another use. Roll a slice of bread out flat with a rolling pin. Place 2 pieces of bacon down onto a work surface, side by side, and lay the bread slice on top of the bacon. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the milk-mustard mixture over the bread. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of Cheddar cheese in a line down the center of the bread.
- Roll the bacon and bread into a firm roll, working from the short ends of the bacon so they wrap horizontally around the roll. Secure the roll with a toothpick. Repeat for remaining ingredients. Place the bacon rolls onto the baking rack over the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the bacon is crisp and brown, about 20 minutes, turning the rolls over once or twice during baking to crisp the bacon uniformly.
- Cook's Note
- I always line my baking sheet with foil, then place a cookie rack on top, so the grease drains from the bacon. I also flip these a few times to get the entire surface of the bacon crisp. My oven is extremely sensitive though and cooks at a high temperature, so it may not be necessary on others.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 8.3 g fat; 24.8 g carbohydrates; 8.3 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 434 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I was a little unsure about these, but they were delicious! The flavor is kind of like French toast, plus cheese. The leftovers made for a great breakfast, too! :)
I can never make enough of these delicious treats at parties! I always share the recipe and how easy they are to make. I would warn against using maple flavored bacon, unless you want them took ...
The flavor was excellent, but I really didn't care for the texture of sweetened condensed milk and flattened bread. It was very chewy, kinda like a carmel. The boys liked it okay, but plenty w...
This is one of our favorite allrecipes treats. Everyone in the family loves it. My son even told his friends about how good it was and they want me to send them a sample.