- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready to use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- Wash, peel and pit peaches. Leave peaches in halves or cut into slices, if desired. Treat fruit to prevent browning.
- Combine sugar, water and honey. Cook until sugar dissolves. Add peaches in syrup one layer at a time and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pack hot peaches into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Add 1/2 tsp allspice, 1/4 tsp cloves and 1 stick cinnamon to each jar.
- Ladle hot syrup over peaches leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- Process filled jars in a boiling water canner for 25 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
- © 2011 Hearthmark, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Ball logo and Ball®, TMs Ball Corporation, used under license. Kerr logo and Kerr®, TMs Kerr Group Inc., used under license.
Per Serving: 148 calories; 0 38.9 0.1 0 7 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Maybe my review is a poor representation of the recipe because I didn't follow the canning process. I was looking to make a cooked spiced peach recipe for a topping to put on Greek yogurt, so I...
I haven't gotten to try these yet, but so far it looks good. took a lot less than 8 pounds, but I'm using 6 pints instead of 3 quarts. Also used ground allspice, and ground cloves. just put a da...
Going to try this but have a question. How does one treat the fruit to prevent browning?
They taste delious!!! I would like to ask a question? How do I keep the peaches from floating up to the top and not so soft and mushy. I have packed them very tightly, and the still go up to th...
Used 10 lbs of peaches from our neighbor's tree. It made 8 pints, and still have enough liquid for another pint. They look gorgeous. One pint didn't seal so, I'm putting it in the fridge for a f...
To prevent browning of the peaches during the peeling process, keep peeled peaches in acidified water. Mix 1 teaspoon ascorbic acid crystals or finely crush six 500 mg Vitamin C tablets in one g...
Remember to go easy on the cloves. These were heavenly!