Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 120 cals
Original recipe yields 14 servings (14 firecrackers)
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the turkey in the skillet until no longer pink; add the cabbage, carrots, and green onions and cook together until the vegetables are all slightly tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir the chile paste through the vegetable mixture.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the white wine in a small bowl; add to the mixture in the skillet and continue cooking and stirring until the liquid in the skillet is slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place one half sheet of phyllo dough on a flat surface, brush with a small amount of the vegetable oil, and top with a second sheet of phyllo. Place about 2 tablespoons of the turkey mixture on the short end of phyllo; shape mixture into about a four-inch log. Roll phyllo and turkey mixture. Twist the log about 1 inch from each end to make a firecracker shape; place on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo and mixture until all are used. Lightly brush the firecrackers with vegetable oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the phyllo dough is crisp and golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes. Serve with the sweet and sour sauce.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 120 calories; 4.5 g fat; 15.2 g carbohydrates; 4.8 g protein; 12 mg cholesterol; 164 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These were amazing. So much flavor in a small bite. I was short on time, so instead of making the "firecrackers" out of phyllo dough sheets, I brought the pre-formed frozen phyllo shells. I s...