Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 398
- Combine 2 cups flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. With a pastry blender, cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the evaporated milk and beaten egg.
- Press the dough into the bottom and partly up the sides of a 9x13-inch baking dish. For a thicker crust, press the dough into the bottom of the pan only.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix the rhubarb, gelatin mix, and 1/2 cup of white sugar. Spread the fruit over the dough. Combine the remaining 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 cup of flour, and softened butter in a bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Top the rhubarb with the streusel mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbly, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Note
- You can substitute strawberry gelatin for the raspberry, if you prefer.
- Editor's Note
- Making the crust can also be done in a food processor. In Step 1, pulse the margarine and flour mixture in food processor until it's the size of small peas. Turn mixture into a bowl, and proceed with recipe.
Per Serving: 398 calories; 17.1 56.6 6.1 40 270 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Super moist and very delicious. This cake was a hit at our family's Easter dinner. The only thing that I would do different in the future is to chop the rhubarb significantly smaller, maybe even...
I used sugar free jello was all I had it didn't taste as good maybe try it with regular jello next time.
Great! Will make it again. Just had to add about a cup of raspberries as I ran out of rhubarb—?? There is no amount of salt in the recipe?