Ingredients25 m servings 547
- Heat half the oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers and half of the salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Reserve.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Crumble in turkey, add garlic, chili powder and remaining salt and pepper. Saute until brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in half the chili sauce and all of the ketchup. Bring to a simmer.
- Serve meat and vegetable mixtures with tortillas and bowls of remaining chili sauce, cheese, lettuce and sour cream to make your own fajitas.
- Twist 1: For meat variations, use ground chicken or lean ground beef instead of the turkey.
- Twist 2: For a leftover solution, use leftover cooked chicken or beef for the ground turkey.
- Twist 3: For warm restaurant-style tortillas, wrap the tortillas first in a clean damp tea towel, then in foil and warm in a 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) oven for about 5 minutes.
- Twist 4: For spicier fajitas, use hot pepper sauce to taste.
Per Serving: 547 calories; 25.5 62.1 25.5 100 2638 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Not exactly like fajitas, more like a mix of fajitas and soft tacos. I did add a little more spices than what was called for (cumin, coriander, onion powder, garlic powder) but other than that, ...
Was not sure since it was new and not that popular. However once we took a bite I was well satisfied. I ended up mixing the pepper and onion mixture in with the sauce and meat to simmer for 5 mi...
I liked it was easy to make and it turned out delicious. I didn't include the chili powder but the end result was yummy.