Ingredients45 m servings 543
- Stir ketchup with Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, garlic, parsley, oregano, lemon zest, pepper and salt. Divide mixture in half.
- Thread onion slices onto skewers so that they resemble lollipops. Brush half the marinade over lamb and onions. Marinate for 15 minutes. Preheat grill to medium. Set onions and lamb on grill, meaty side down.
- Grill, turning and basting often, for 25 minutes or until medium-rare. Grill onions for the same time, turning as needed. Rest meat for 10 minutes. Cut into 2 rib portions. Serve with onion rings.
- Twist 1: For an indoor version, roast lamb in a 425° F (220° C) oven for about 25 minutes, basting often.
- Twist 2: For the most tender lamb, cook the racks until the internal temperature is 140° F (60° C) for rare or 150° F (65° C) for medium-rare.
- Twist 3: For a complete gourmet supper, serve lamb with grilled new potatoes and steamed green vegetables.
Per Serving: 543 calories; 20.1 49.6 50.2 184 2220 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
My husband loves rack of lamb so I chose this recipe for Father's Day. Unfortunately, there were no racks at the supermarket so I made do with some very nice lamb chops instead. The marinade was...
Followed the recipe almost, with the exception of the apple cider vinegar. thought I had it, but substituted red wine vinegar, instead. OMG. I normally have made lamb, in the oven. This is th...
my sister didn't have a grill so I baked them at 250°. My lamb wasn't a rack, I had riblets. I chopped the red onions and laid them at the bottom of the pan. I mixed the ingredients together and...
Cooked just as it is written. Turned out perfect. Will save this and do again.
This was excellent!! I made it as posted and was very pleased with the sauce. It would be excellent on other meats as well.
I'm Greek, this is the best rack I've EVER had. I only had one rack for the recipe, so I made 1/2 the marinade & kept the rack in it for about 2 hours. I shorted the ketchup to about 1/3 cup bec...
We used dry spices but hubby and I found this absolutely delicious. The only thing we didn't do was the onions... I found that part of the recipe to be lacking description. Were you supposed t...