Ingredients23 m servings 399 cals
- Whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper, reserve. Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onions and bacon are browned.
- Pour in the eggs. Cook, without stirring for 1 minute. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until just set. Remove from the heat.
- Use a small knife to cut halfway around the outside edge of each pita, fold back the top flap. Spread an equal amount of the ketchup all over the inside of each pita. Lay a portion of spinach over the ketchup. Top with a portion of the scrambled egg mixture, sprinkle with cheese.
- Tuck the top flap of each pita inside, directly over the filling. Tightly roll the loose flap over the outside of each pita to completely enclose filling. Let stand for 5 minutes to soften cheese before serving.
- Twist 1: For family fun, involve the kids in the filling and rolling of the wraps.
- Twist 2: For sandwiches on the go, wrap each pocket tightly in foil to keep warm.
- Twist 3: For extra nutrients, stir a handful of chopped veggies such as peppers, cooked broccoli or corn into the onion and bacon mixture before scrambling the eggs.
- Twist 4: Use the freshest pitas available to avoid cracks and breaks in the pocket.
Per Serving: 399 calories; 16.4 g fat; 44.1 g carbohydrates; 21.7 g protein; 262 mg cholesterol; 964 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Perfect for a quick breakfast! I cut the recipe in half and sauteed the spinach with the onions until wilted then added the eggs. I whisked the eggs with a bit of milk in order to get them nice ...
I thought these were very tasty. My wife wasn't huge on having ketchup inside. This was very simple and I had pre-cut pita pockets. Nice recipe.