Indian Stuffed Eggplant
Ingredients35 m servings 264
- Scoop the inside out of the eggplant halves, leaving 1/4 inch of flesh attached to the skin. Roughly chop the removed eggplant, and set the shells aside.
- Heat the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion and garlic until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the coriander, vindaloo powder, chili powder, and salt; continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes until the spices are very fragrant. Stir in the chopped eggplant flesh, and cook until very soft, mashing as you go. Pour in a little water if needed to keep the eggplant from burning. Keep the mashed eggplant hot over low heat.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Deep fry the eggplant halves in the hot oil until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain upside-down on a paper towel-lined plate. Once drained, spoon in the reserved filling, and serve hot.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 264 calories; 24.3 12.4 2.2 33 299 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
was looking for a recipe for some zucchini i had and found this recipe. instead of frying the skins of the zucchini i just stuffed them with the mixture and then baked for about 45min. my family...
What a wonderful flavour. I baked these instead of frying but feel that the outcome was not compromised. I mixed up my own vindaloo curry spice. This will not be my last time to make these. I wo...