Ingredients45 m servings 266
- Whisk together 3 tablespoons cider vinegar, molasses, olive oil, allspice, salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken in 11x7-inch dish pour marinade over, turning chicken to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade. Grill 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in center. Keep covered and warm.
- Combine remaining vinegar and honey in bowl; stir. Cook bacon over moderate heat, large skillet, stirring, until crisp. Crumble bacon. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Heat bacon fat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking ; cook caraway seeds, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add coleslaw, vinegar mixture and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, until cabbage is just wilted about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat; add green onions and bacon. Toss together. Plate slaw on 6 different dishes and place cooked chicken on top of slaw to serve.
Per Serving: 266 calories; 15.6 14.9 16 53 566 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Made this tonight for our family (including 3 boys 7,5,2). I usually don't stick too close to the recipe, but wanted to this time so that I could write an accurate review (only changes I made ...
This is awesome. Different spin on cole slaw....did not use caraway seeds....but everything else exactly. Chicken was tender and very flavorful. I did marinate it longer than 30 minutes. Definit...
Wow this was really good. It takes some time to prepare. We ate it with mashed potatoes too. The cole slaw for us only fed 2-3 people fyi.