Ingredients20 m servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place beets in medium roasting pan, add water to cover bottom of pan; cover with foil. Roast 40 to 45 minutes or until beets are tender and can be pierced with a fork or knife.
- Cool slightly; remove skin from beets and cut into wedges.
- Trim off fennel leaves and stalk; cut into very thin slices.
- Combine salad, mandarin oranges, mint, beets and fennel in large bowl. Pour dressing over salad; toss to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle cheese over salad.
- Shallot Vinaigrette:
- Combine 2/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup sherry vinegar, 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot and salt and pepper to taste in small bowl. Whisk until well combined. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This has some of my favorite salad ingredients. The only minus is the way too tart dressing. I added 1 tablespoon of splenda to cut the tartness and that really helped. Very good with the correc...
This was great! I made this for a dinner party and even my picky eaters went for seconds. I didn't have have sherry vinegar so used a mix of red wine and balsamic and scallions instead of shallo...
This is a solid recipe. Definitly get the mini beets, when I transferred this to the shopping list it defaulted to medium sized beets adn they were to big. Also toss the salad and the beets se...
I love almost anything with beets, but this was fabulous. Very light and refreshing.