Easy Peasy Chicken Bake
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 241 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix together the garlic, shallots, white wine, chicken broth, red wine vinegar, mustard seed, salt, black pepper, and fresh thyme in a bowl, and set aside.
- Place the chicken thighs into the prepared baking dish, and scatter the potatoes, mushrooms, and peas around the dish. Pour the liquid mixture over the chicken and vegetables, lifting the thighs slightly to allow the flavors to spread through the whole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, the juices run clear, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of a thigh reads at least 165 degrees F (75 degrees C), about 40 minutes. Allow dish to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Note
- If you're particularly enterprising and more organized than myself, I'm sure the chicken would benefit from being marinated in advance. Three-ounce meat servings may be smaller than some individuals are used to, so you may want to use larger pieces of meat for a larger appetite if so inclined.
Per Serving: 241 calories; 9.2 g fat; 15.9 g carbohydrates; 18.9 g protein; 53 mg cholesterol; 64 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was most excellent. I had no wine or red wine vinegar so I used extra chicken broth and cider vinegar respectively. I also didn't have any mustard seed, so I just squirted in about a teaspo...
The flavor of this was actually really good. However, I baked it covered in tin foil, so the chicken came out kind of gray-ish. Next time I'm going to brown it first in a cast iron skillet, th...