Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 349
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Fill a pot with salted water, bring to a boil, and place the lasagna noodles into the boiling water, one at a time. Stir gently to keep the noodles from sticking together; set heat to medium, and boil until the noodles are tender but still firm to the bite, 8 to 9 minutes. Drain in a colander set in the sink.
- Dissolve the bouillon cubes in the boiling water, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, and cook and stir the onion and garlic until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat if necessary to keep the vegetables from burning. Whisk the flour and salt into the skillet, then whisk in chicken bouillon mixture and milk in small additions, whisking to create a smooth sauce. Stir the cream cheese into the sauce, mixing until the cream cheese melts and incorporates into the sauce. Stir in carrots, basil, and black pepper, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until the sauce almost returns to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, and top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread 1 cup of cottage cheese over the noodles, then top with 1 more cup of sauce. Spread half of the sliced zucchini over the sauce, and sprinkle with 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese and 2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice more, ending with 3 lasagna noodles, final 1 cup of sauce, final 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese, and final 2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and bubbling, about 35 minutes; remove the foil, return to oven, and bake until cheese is golden brown, about 15 more minutes. Allow lasagna to stand 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 349 calories; 20.4 24.4 17.7 62 975 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was ok, nothing to rave about. I just happened to have all the ingredients on hand and made today. I was a bit hesitant to try something with cottage cheese vs. ricotta and a white sauce ...
I love this ,,so did the family,,great way for some veggies to be added into lil ones lives,,I have made this twice,,and did a lil tweak,, I like ricotta and I also diced small amount of celery ...
I used low fat cottage cheese and fat free cream cheese and this still turned out delicious. I bet it would be even better with richer cheeses in it, but I was trying to cut some of the calorie...
Don't boil the lasagne noodles before using them. The recipe turns out firm and perfect that way. Cuts down on prep time also!