Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 412
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Place 1 1/2 cup of flour and the salt into the work bowl of a food processor, and pulse briefly once or twice to combine. Add 9 tablespoons of chilled unsalted butter, and pulse 4 or 5 times, a few seconds per time, until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs. With the machine running, drizzle the peach nectar into the dough, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough gathers itself into a crumbly mass. Transfer the dough into a bowl, form into a ball, and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate to hydrate the dough, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the 4 chopped peaches into the food processor, and pulse to puree, about 1 minute. Add the minced habanero peppers, 1 teaspoon at a time, and puree until smooth. Place the remaining 6 sliced peaches into a bowl, and toss lightly with the habanero puree.
- In a bowl, mix 1/3 cup of flour, the white sugar, and 1/4 cup of softened unsalted butter until it forms a crumbly mixture; set the streusel aside.
- Cut the dough in half, and roll each half into a circle about 10 inches in diameter. Fit one dough circle into a 9-inch pie dish. Pour the peach-habanero filling into the bottom pie crust, and sprinkle with the crumbly sugar streusel. Fit the top crust onto the pie, and crimp with a fork to seal the edges. Cut several slits into the top crust for venting steam.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling and thickened, about 50 minutes.
Per Serving: 412 calories; 19 57.9 3.3 50 156 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I left out a habanero per the review's comments of it being too hot. I wished I hadn't as I like the heat. I did use my own pie crust and not the one in the recipe. I had only a few fresh pea...