Chicken Mushroom Meatloaf
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 397
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 9x5-inch loaf)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together the bran cereal and buttermilk in a bowl, and set aside to soften. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook, stirring often, until the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Stir in rosemary, thyme, and ketchup; season with salt and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken breast and thigh meat, eggs, and bread crumbs until thoroughly combined, then lightly mix in the parsley, buttermilk-cereal mixture, and mushroom mixture. Pat the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, the loaf is no longer pink in the center, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Allow to rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Editor's Note
- To easily mince chicken, cut it up coarsely, then place into the work bowl of a food processor; pulse several times just to chop it finely.
Per Serving: 397 calories; 15.6 19.7 43.4 175 397 Full nutrition