Ingredients1 h servings 662 cals
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat; lightly oil the grill.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well.
- While pasta is cooking, grill the chicken breast halves until the meat is no longer pink in the middle and the juices run clear, 5 to 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a chicken breast should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Allow to rest for about 5 minutes, then slice into bite-size pieces; keep warm.
- In a large salad bowl, lightly toss together the grilled chicken, hot cooked linguine, romaine, green pepper, red onion, and cucumber.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together safflower oil, cider vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, dry mustard powder, and green onions until smooth and evenly blended. Pour the dressing over the salad to serve.
- Cook's Notes
- This recipe can use any type of pasta you have on hand and any vegetables you may want to mix in. Adjust the amounts of chicken, onion and other vegetables to your family's tastes!
- Also, consider chopping vegetables and making the dressing the night before for a quicker meal (just remember to stir before adding to chicken).
Per Serving: 662 calories; 28 g fat; 86 g carbohydrates; 20 g protein; 22 mg cholesterol; 32 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this recipe with a bit of a twist using bowtie pasta and bottled poppy seed dressing. I also deleted the cucumbers because I do not care for them in salads. The onion and green pepper pro...
Very good mix of flavors. I will half the sugar next time, just a bit sweet for my taste. This salad was a huge hit at the last BBQ.