Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 337 cals
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion in the melted butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir the ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and yellow mustard into the onion and butter; allow mixture to warm completely.
- Heat a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with salt and black pepper; cook in the skillet until browned on each side, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the steaks to a 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour the sauce from the skillet over the steaks.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meat is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 1 hour.
- Transfer the steaks from the baking dish to a platter, shaking any excess sauce from the meat. Stir the cornstarch and water together until smooth in a small bowl, then mix into the hot sauce remaining in the baking dish until the mixture begins to thicken; pour over the steaks to serve.
Per Serving: 337 calories; 14.3 g fat; 31 g carbohydrates; 23.2 g protein; 110 mg cholesterol; 963 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
This is the most delicious recipe I have ever tasted. I was worried that the venison back strap would be gamey and tough, but it was "cut with a fork" tender and amazing!! I didn't change any of...
This was the best venison I've ever had! The kids all loved it too and actually ate was was put in front of them for once! LOVE IT
Great recipe! I didn't have an onion and didn't have time to run to the store, so I used the closest thing I had... French fried onions. I was really concerned about this substitution, but it wo...
Very good recipe. I used round steak instead of venison. My family really liked it. It's a keeper.
Great, hides gameyness very well. Family thought the sauce was too sweet
Wonderful Recipe! It had such great flavor. Be careful when browning the steaks on the stove. Do not leave on one side for too long. Burns fast! :)