Creamy Mexican Salsa Dip
Fruits & VeggiesMore Matters®
Ingredients3 h 30 m servings
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the drained yogurt with all remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper. Allow to chill covered for 15 minutes or more. Before serving, adjust seasonings, if desired.
- Prepare all vegetables.** Arrange on a large platter surrounding a medium-sized soup bowl. Optional: serve chips in a basket.
- When ready, spoon dip into center bowl, garnish with additional cilantro and serve. Enjoy!
- Submitted by: Fruits & Veggies-More Matters®
- * When yogurt is placed in a coffee filter or cheesecloth-lined sieve (over a bowl) and allowed to drain for several hours, much of the extra moisture drains away, leaving a thicker consistency. The longer it's drained, the thicker it becomes, ultimately becoming the consistency of cream cheese.
- ** Most raw vegetables such as carrots, celery, and broccoli slowly dry out on vegetable trays. To enhance color and help prevent drying, try blanching the firmer vegetables. Place each color group, working light to dark, in active boiling water for 5 to 15 seconds, being careful not to cook them, and then plunge directly into cold, icy water. When fully cooled, drain well and serve.
- All Fruits & Veggies-More Matters® recipes are healthy recipes that meet strict nutrition guidelines.
- Nutritional Information per Serving (optional ingredients are not included in dietary analysis):
- Calories: 108; Total Fat: 1.6g; Saturated Fat: 0.8g; % of Calories from Fat: 13%; Protein: 7g; Carbohydrates: 17g; Cholesterol: 8mg; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sodium: 300mg
- Each serving of this recipe provides: An excellent source of vitamins A and C, and a good source of calcium, potassium and fiber.
- Percent daily values based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Nutrition information calculated from original recipe ingredients.
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I did use my own homemade salsa as I had some on hand and I did add just a touch of ground california chili powder. It's chili powder but it's not all heat you get, just a touch but you get the ...