Ingredients40 m servings 249 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter a 1 quart baking dish or pudding basin.
- Melt chocolate over low heat in small saucepan. Stir in milk and heat through. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Beat in 3 tablespoons sugar and salt. Beat in chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared dish. Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place baking dish on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, until set.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Beat in 3 tablespoons sugar and cocoa. Spoon meringue over baked pudding and return pudding to oven to brown meringue, 2 to 8 minutes.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 12.3 g fat; 28.2 g carbohydrates; 10.2 g protein; 158 mg cholesterol; 121 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Good! Not too sweet, nice texture. Be sure you whip the egg YOLKS only to add to the pudding. I doubled the recipe and it worked out well. Odd to put a towel in the pan, but it seemed to work gr...
I made it with splenda instead of sugar and it was still awesome! A bit of work for pudding, but very tasty. I also really liked the contrast between the thick pudding and the light meringue. ...
I am not sure if the recipe needs clarification or if I did something wrong...because when I added the milk to the chocolate it immediately seized...I thought it sounded wrong, but I did it anyw...
I made this as directed, replacing sugar with Splenda and heavy cream for the evaporated milk. I was needing something lower in carbs and with my swaps, it came in nice and low. Once the chocol...