Ingredients45 m servings 933
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix the chili and enchilada sauce together in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally as it simmers.
- Heat the vegetable oil and chili powder together in a small skillet over medium heat. Gently lay a tortilla in the hot oil and cook until the tortilla starts to puff. Remove with a spatula and place on a plate. Immediately sprinkle about 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese and 1 tablespoon chopped onion down the center of the tortilla; roll the tortilla tightly around the mixture and place, seam-side down, into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Repeat this process until all the tortillas are used.
- Sprinkle about 2/3 of the remaining Cheddar cheese over the rolled enchiladas. Pour the warm chili mixture evenly over the enchiladas. Scatter the remaining Cheddar cheese over the layer of the chili mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 933 calories; 59 69.1 35.1 108 1776 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 28
This recipe was so easy - you had to wonder how good it was going to turn out. However! They turned out great! My husb normally fixes the enchilada meals and even he was surprised at how good t...
holy these are good! So easy I almost thought I was doing it wrong. I did saute the onions before putting them in(only cause raw onions are hard on my stomach) Husband loved them. They are Glut...
This is my recipe, and I'm thrilled that people seem to be enjoying it so much. Like I said in the description, these are definitely not low-fat, but they are pretty good every once in a while....
Loved the idea of lightly frying the corn tortillas before assembling enchilada. My dad can't have gluten so this was a great meal choice for him and he loved it! I made a few swaps to help lowe...
Loved these enchiladas! I followed the recipe exactly, the only thing i will do differently next time is saute the onions first before putting them in the tortillas. Thanks so much for this wond...
Deliciousness to the max! Thank you so much for sharing. What a wonderful site this is - isn't it? How else could we all get fabulous recipes like this one otherwise?!?!? Anyway, while I kno...
So simple and quick! I used "medium" enchilada sauce, hormel turkey chili w/o beans, sautéed the onions prior to adding to the tortillas, and steamed the tortillas in the microwave.
These are out of this world! No, they're not lowfat, but once in a while, this Texan craves good enchiladas, and these fit the bill nicely. I'd say they rival any authentic Tex-Mex restaurant'...