Ingredients6 h 15 m servings 501 cals
- Peel the bananas, cut into 2 or 3 chunks, and freeze until solid.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the frozen banana pieces into a baking dish; drizzle with melted butter.
- Roast the bananas in the preheated oven until browned, about 20 minutes. Mash the bananas in a bowl, and chill in refrigerator.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, white sugar, brown sugar, and bourbon whiskey until smooth. Pour the cream into a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, and bring to a simmer. Whisk about 1 cup of the hot cream into the egg mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, incorporating each tablespoon before adding the next; pour the mixture back into the saucepan with remaining cream. Over medium-low heat, constantly whisk the cream mixture until thickened and almost boiling; stir in the mashed bananas. Transfer to a bowl and chill 4 hours to overnight.
- Pour the ice cream base into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions; pack soft ice cream into a lidded container and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
Per Serving: 501 calories; 30.6 g fat; 55.6 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 141 mg cholesterol; 46 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was awesome! I did make the change of using 2 Tbsp of rum instead of 1 Tbsp, and because I read the recipe wrong, I ended up combining the white sugar, brown sugar, egg, rum, and cream toge...
Jennr, thank you sooo much for posting this recipe! I think this is the best ice cream I've ever made. My husband said it's to die for! I didn't have bourbon whiskey so I subbed Capt Morgan r...
Excellent! Easy to make, and I was extremely satisfied with the outcome. Next time I may add a teeny bit more whiskey, but it was still outstanding!