RWOP Finalist: Breakfast Empanadas with Chipotle Cream
PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
Ingredients35 m servings 247 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook sausage, crumbling into small pieces. Once cooked through, drain fat. Add 8 oz. cream cheese to sausage and stir until melted. Add tomatoes, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Open can of biscuits; separate each biscuit into 2 halves. Flatten each half with your hands to make larger. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of sausage mixture onto center of each biscuit; fold biscuit in half and seal by pressing edges together. Place on prepared baking sheet and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving with Chipotle Cream.
- Chipotle Cream: In a small saucepan, combine 4 oz. cream cheese, sour cream, chipotle peppers and garlic salt. Cook over medium heat until cream cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined.
Per Serving: 247 calories; 17.9 g fat; 14.9 g carbohydrates; 7.8 g protein; 55 mg cholesterol; 870 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
Followed recipe and it turned out perfect. No changes needed as far as Im concerned. Thanks for the recipe.
Delicious! A little time consuming but I'm sure they take less time than authentic empanadas. We had this for dinner with rice & beans.
I gave 4 stars because the filling was an excellent taste, however did not like in the biscut covering. Made way too heavy! I will use the filling net time on crackers or baguette, would even ...
These were really good. I messed up on the sauce. I misread the directions and added 2 CANS of chipotle peppers instead of 2 chipotle peppers. Wow that was spicy!! My fault :-)
These were great followed as written for the first time but i didn't use the hot sausage I used mild maybe next time I will use hot or add some jalapenos..Thanks for sharing.
a family full of picky eaters! this was gone in no times and the chipolte cream sauce to die for...
To make a kid friendly version for my toddler i used regular sausage and cheddar cheese. I served them with jelly and were a big success!
These were ok...the whole family loved them. I'm giving it 4 stars b/c they are not my favorite empanadas. Sorry!