Ingredients50 m servings 474
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly dust a working surface with flour. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On your prepared work surface, join the two sheets of puff pastry by their short edges to make a long rectangle. Brush water along edges and press down gently with fingertips to seal.
- Mix the apple slices, cinnamon, brown sugar, almonds, and butterscotch chips together in a bowl until evenly combined; spoon the mixture onto one of the long edges of the pastry. Fold one side of pastry over the mixture and roll into a long strudel. Make sure to seal at both ends. Brush pastry with melted butter; make two-inch diagonal slits the length of the strudel with a sharp knife. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the sugar over the top of the strudel and return to oven until the pasty is golden brown and flaky, another 15 to 20 minutes.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the flour used for dusting. The actual amount of the flour consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 474 calories; 28.4 50 5.8 4 169 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 18
Absolutely fantastic! I loved it! The taste of the puff pastry is so light and flaky, and the inside of apples/cinnamon, etc., made for a very tasty strudel. I have never made a strudel befor...
Fantastic! Very easy to make with lots of flavour. I did not have the nuts so I doubled the butterscotch chips. There were too many apples though and I will cut them down next time to about 3.
Fantastic "cheaters" recipe! I agree with the first user that 6 apples were wayyy too much. I used around 3, although a lot of the "juice" leaked out and led to a slightly less ideal pastry to a...
This is a good basic recipe for quick strudel. My family enjoyed it and it didn't take the whole day to make! I made the recipe as written but used caramel ice cream syrup instead of the butters...
Lost this recipe, many moons ago, which my family so enjoyed. Thanks for posting it... what a gift. This may be "Cheater's" Apple Strudel, but it tastes like Non-cheaters!. It's a fantastic, ...
I loved this quick and simple recipe. I forgot to put the sugar on the top of the strudel, so I made an almond glaze and drizzled that on top instead. It was a nice touch. ....Stir together 1...
This strudel is totally awesome. I made half of the amount. Sprinkled a bit of flour with my apples so that the juice will thicken while baking. I didn't have any chips or almonds unfortunately....
I didn't have butterscotch chips so I added twice as much sugar. It came out just right, not too sweet. Also sprinkled in a little flour when tossing the apple slices so it would thicken the ju...