Ingredients6 h 45 m servings 289
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in Italian sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir until the meat is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 15 minutes. Use a potato masher to mash and blend the meat mixture every few minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, chicken broth, red wine, Italian seasoning, basil, salt, and black pepper.
- Transfer the sauce to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- I recommend using fire-roasted canned tomatoes. If you don't have fresh basil, you can substitute 2 tablespoons dried.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 289 calories; 16.6 18.6 17 47 1565 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 56
I tweaked the recipe a little by adding one diced green pepper, two cloves of diced garlic, and using vegetable broth instead of chicken. I fry mushrooms in butter, place on the pasta and smothe...
My husband usually dreads it when I make pasta because the sauce is always so lacking. THIS he absolutely loved. He said "You can make this almost every day of the week!" And I only used beef...
I followed this to a "T" and my husband says it is the best sauce he's ever had. Second time I made it I cut way back on the meat and just used Italian Sausage. It turned out just as good! Thi...
This sauce was really delicious! My dad and my husband both said that it was the best sauce that they had ever had. I did make a few adjustments. I didn't use the ground beef (there was plenty o...
Wow! So delicious! I omitted the ground beef because I didn't need that much sauce. I also added a heaping 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper because my family loves spicy food. So good!
I have been looking for a good tomato sauce recipe and I found it. This is excellent exactly as written!
I would make this again; it was easy and very tasty. I like all the tomato paste used--makes for a nice, thick sauce. The only note I have is to be aware that it feeds AN ARMY. I even cut out...
i have made this 4 times now.. it is fabulous!! i added a bit of sugar because i prefer some extra sweetness but this is by far the best sauce i have ever made! EVER!! we are having it for din...