Strawberry-Chocolate Mini Cupcakes with White Chocolate Ganache
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 238 cals
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line the cups of four 24-cup mini cupcake pans with paper liners. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, all the cocoa powder, 1 package of strawberry drink mix, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and white sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy; beat the eggs in, one at a time, adding each egg after the previous one has been completely incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract; mix in the flour-cocoa mixture in 4 additions, alternating each time with milk. Reduce mixer speed to low, and beat in the cream. Fill the cupcake cups 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove to racks, and allow the cupcakes to cool.
- Bring 2 cups of cream almost to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat; dissolve the 2 packets of strawberry drink mix into the cream. Stir in the white chocolate until the chunks melt and the mixture becomes melted, smooth, and shiny. Set aside and allow ganache to cool to warm temperature (about 95 degrees F/ 35 degrees C). Frost each cupcake with ganache.
- Cook's Note
- For a sweeter cupcake, add up to 1/2 cup more white sugar to the batter.
Per Serving: 238 calories; 13 g fat; 29 g carbohydrates; 3.3 g protein; 39 mg cholesterol; 85 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Not so good. The cupcake part was ok, just not something that I'd ever make again. The icing had a good taste but was really messy and not really good for transporting. Still searching! :)
The cupcakes were great and a huge hit. The white chocolate ganache wasn't the greatest.