Awesome Sweet Potato Casserole
Teri Sosler Head
Ingredients50 m servings 397
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Beat the pineapple, coconut, sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, milk, and 1/2 cup melted butter together in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Pour mixture into the prepared pan; set aside. Mix the flour, brown sugar, 1/3 cup butter, and pecans in a bowl. Sprinkle pecan mixture over the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbly and the topping is browned, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- I always use fresh sweet potatoes that I have baked off in the oven ahead of time so they have plenty of time to cool. Be sure you put a pan under them in your oven because they tend to split and run everywhere and can really make a mess! I have never made this with canned yams, I'm not a fan, I guess it would work just as well.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 397 calories; 23.8 45.5 3.9 49 123 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 23
This was a great hit at my home that includes a very picky husband. i doubled the recipe and it was gone in 2 days! I didn't make any changes and followed the recipe exactly turned out AWESOME!!
It tasted fantastic. I made it almost exactly. I used a 20oz can of crushed pineapple but I pressed the liquid out and I just sprinkled some plain brown suger on top.
This was sooo good. Your absolutly right it taste like a desert. My husband ate it as a desert with a glass of milk. I would cut back on the sugar, just because theres enough sugars from the pin...
Absolutely wonderful! I didn't change a thing and it was delicious! I make sweet potato casseroles frequently and this has to be my all time favorite. I made it for Thanksgiving and everyone who...
This sweet potato casserole was really good. I only used half of the amount of white sugar, and I substituted shredded sweetened coconut for the flaked.
I love candied yams but my husband likes casserole I made it for him, really and had no intention of having any. Normally, I'm a substitutions kind of girl but I made this dish as it is out of s...
I've made this recipe twice already and plan to make it again this Easter! It is delicious and everyone loves it!!! Plus it's easy to make!
OMG, I think I died and went to heaven! Made it exactly as is, except I substituted macadamia nuts for pecans, which made sense given the coconut and pineapples in the base. What a wonderful t...