Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 230
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Stir the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together in a small saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer. Meanwhile, combine the rolled oats, pecans, almonds, raisins, cranberries, and sunflower seeds in a large mixing bowl. Pour the hot maple syrup over top, and stir until evenly mixed. Spread onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, scrape onto a cold baking sheet, and cool to room temperature. Break into clumps and stir in the chocolate covered peanuts once cool.
- Cook's Notes
- You can substitute many of the ingredients if you'd like. I tried many combinations before settling on this one. Here are some suggestions:
- Use golden raisins instead of red raisins (the taste is similar, but the golden raisins add a nice color). Substitute peeled hazelnuts for pecans. Substitute shelled pumpkin seeds for sunflower kernels. Use 1 cup of almonds, 1 cup of honey-roasted peanuts and 1 cup of regular M&M's®. Substitute other types of sweets for the M&M's®, such as chocolate covered pretzels or Reese's® Pieces.
Per Serving: 230 calories; 14.3 23.8 5.2 < 1 5 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Man, this stuff is good! However, I modified it a bit, because it was just too "wet" as written. I make the sauce as directed, but I use 1&1/2 times the amount of all the other ingredients. I...
I took MagicPam's advice and added another cup and a half of the rolled oats. I did not add the raisins or cranberries until after the rest of the mixture had baked because I didn't want them to...
I was given this recipe 15 years ago by my scot master. Man it is good.
This is pretty good. I am following a paleo diet, so I skipped the oats and m&m's, but it was still good. There was way too much maple syrup by following the recipe. There were puddles of it....
I made half a recipe, followed the directions to the letter, and it turned out pretty well. The raisins and the cranberries were a little too "baked and dry," so in the future, I'll try adding t...