Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 311 cals
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 2 (9-inch) round layers, blending 1 pkg. dry pudding mix into batter before pouring into prepared pans. Cool cakes in pans 10 min.; invert onto wire racks. Gently remove pans; cool cakes completely.
- Meanwhile, draw 3 or 4 snowflake shapes on paper, ranging in size from 1 to 3 inches in diameter. Place on tray; cover with waxed paper. Melt chocolate as directed on package; cool 5 min. Spoon into small resealable plastic bag; cut small corner off bottom of bag. Trace over snowflake patterns with chocolate, rearranging patterns as needed to make a total of 35 chocolate snowflakes. Freeze 10 min. or until chocolate is firm. Carefully transfer snowflakes to plate; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat remaining dry pudding mix, sugar and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in Cool Whip. Place 1 cake layer on plate; spread with jam, then 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Cover with remaining cake layer. Frost top and side of cake with remaining pudding mixture. Decorate with chocolate snowflakes. Keep refrigerated.
- Kraft Kitchen Tips:
- Hidden-Chocolate Snowflake Cake: Prepare using a chocolate cake mix and substituting 1 pkg. (4-serving size) Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding for the dry vanilla pudding mix added to the cake batter.
Per Serving: 311 calories; 9.5 g fat; 52.8 g carbohydrates; 2.7 g protein; 6 mg cholesterol; 405 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
The idea of this recipe is great! I've tried several different versions and found that people liked it more when I used white cake instead of yellow. I used vanilla pudding and added some whit...
This cake tastes amazing! Who would have thought by putting pudding in the mix would make it so moist! The only thing that I had a problem with was the snowflakes. It started out horrible! Choco...
Icing was very, very unstable. Not sure what i did wrong, but followed directions perfectly. Kept adding icing sugar, and still icing was way too runny. Snowflakes were easy to make but diffi...
I love this cake. It is easy to prepare and impressive on its presentation. I have made the snowflakes, made hearts for valentines day, clovers for St patrick's day etc. Your imagination is the ...