Ingredients9 h 45 m servings 225 cals
- Microwave 2 cups milk and 4 chocolate squares in large microwaveable bowl on MEDIUM 4 min.; whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is well blended. Add remaining milk and dry pudding mixes; stir 2 min. Refrigerate 3 hours or until chilled. Meanwhile, prepare cake batter and bake in 9-inch square pan as directed on package for gingerbread cake; cool completely.
- Cut cake into cubes; place half in 3-L bowl. Cover with layers of half each of the pudding mixture and Cool Whip. Repeat layers of cake and pudding mixture. Drop remaining Cool Whip in dollops over dessert. Refrigerate 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, make chocolate curls from remaining chocolate square. Add to top of dessert with ginger just before serving.
- Kraft Kitchen Tips:
- Double Chocolate Trifle: Omit ginger. Substitute 1 cooled 9-inch chocolate cake layer for the gingerbread cake.
- Make Ahead: Trifle can be prepared ahead of time. Refrigerate up to 24 hours before serving.
- How to Shave Chocolate: Use vegetable peeler to shave chocolate square into curls. Or, use coarse side of box grater to grate the chocolate.
Per Serving: 225 calories; 8.4 g fat; 33.3 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 3 mg cholesterol; 307 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Delicious, easy, and budget friendly, looks like you spent hours in the kitchen. The only thing I would say is that not everyone likes crystalized ginger, so you may want to use ginger snap cook...
A wonderful, easy, impressive-looking, delicious dessert! Everyone loved it on Christmas day. My changes: instead of crystallized ginger, I placed halved strawberries on the top with shaved choc...
This was so good and super easy! It seems the longer it sits in the refrigerator the better it gets. I did everything according to the recipe but left off the crystallized ginger.
Absolutely amazing! Made this for our holiday party last night and got many complements and requests for the recipe. Will definitely make this again!
Excellent! The favorite desert at my Christmas Party at work. I used the crushed Ginger Snaps on the top with the Chocolate curls.
very good, at least it must have been. I took it to a potluck dinner and only got to take my share from scraping the bowl! I was a little unsure if I had enough gingerbread mix, but it worked ...