Ingredients4 h 40 m servings 495
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir together the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, brown sugar, and meat tenderizer. Rub the spice mixture generously all over the brisket. Place the meat on a baking sheet with the fat layer up.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour; remove from oven, and lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Mix soy sauce with water in a bowl, and pour the liquid into a roasting pan. Transfer the brisket into the roasting pan. Sprinkle the meat with the crushed pineapple.
- Cover the roasting pan tightly with foil, return to oven, and bake for 3 more hours. Cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 495 calories; 37.7 8 29.8 112 943 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
Will make again. From my husband, "mommy's brisket is good!" It was delicious - even without the pinneaples (I didn't have any on hand).
Excellent flavor! I only had a 1.5 lb brisket so I quartered the recipe (and also omitted the pineapple). But I used the baking directions from the "Easy Bake Brisket" recipe because it seemed e...
I found this recipe when searching for something to do with a brisket I had. My family loved!!! We now make it for every special occasion and big get together. Would definitely say give it a try...
Definitely deserves the 5 star rating! So juicy, so tender, so easy and loaded with flavor. I followed the recipe exactly, omitting the pineapple because I didn't have any on hand but it didn'...
BRISKET SHOWDOWN! Nana Lara's Brisket vs. Wine-Braised Beef Brisket (both 5 star ratings but which did we like better?) Used the cooking method from this recipe for both briskets. Both wer...
Didn't have meat tenderizer, instead added 1 Tbsp McCormick Season-All & 1 Tbsp Goya Adobo; increased brown sugar (light) to 1-1/2 Tbsp - all on a 5# fresh brisket. Also- crushed pineapple us...
This was amazing. Flavor was incredible. Simple and delicious. Will maybe try in a crock pot to save on time.
Awesome. If you don't like heat then hold off to half tablespoon. But very tender and the best brisket I EVER made.