Peruvian Mashed Beans
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 275 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Rinse beans in cold water. Place in a bowl with water to cover; soak for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Transfer soaked beans to a large pot; fill with 3 quarts water. Add onion and garlic. Cover and cook over low heat until boiling, about 30 minutes. Add bouillon and season with salt. Cook, adding more water as needed, until beans are tender, 30 to 40 minutes more.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add a few scoops of cooked beans, 1 clove of cooked garlic, and about 1/2 of the water from the pot. Bring to a simmer and mash. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- For spicy bean,s add 1 small chile de arbol to the pan before you add beans to mash. Pull chile out once beans are cooked.
- If you add too much liquid before mashing, add a bit more beans.
Per Serving: 275 calories; 7.2 g fat; 39.4 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 312 mg sodium. Full nutrition