Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 385
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place flour, salt, and black pepper into a resealable plastic zipper bag, close the bag, and shake several times to mix. Place chicken pieces into the bag, a few at a time, and shake to coat with seasoned flour; place chicken into the prepared baking dish.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the onion over the chicken pieces. Mix together the tomato sauce, water, chutney, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, ground mustard, and hot pepper sauce in a bowl until the sugar dissolves. Pour the sauce over the onion and chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sauce is bubbling, the chicken is no longer pink inside, and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Editor's Note
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 385 calories; 16.2 28.6 30 90 279 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was awesome and best of all, it was quick to put together. I made this with boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Thanks, SuperB!!
I made this recipe for a dinner with my in-laws. Everyone loved it! I made a couple small changes. I didnt have dry mustard, so I added mustard seed. I also used chili powder instead of tobasco....
This is an absolutely splendid recipe! I can't really see the purpose of the flour, so I may leave it off next time as an experiment, but there will definitely be a "next time." I did a double...