Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 10 m servings 859 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Heat the butter in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and cook until they're tender, stirring occasionally. Stir the broth, poultry seasoning and tomatoes in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the almonds, if desired. Add the stuffing and mix lightly.
- Remove the package of giblets and neck from the turkey cavity. Rinse the turkey with cold water and pat dry. Spoon the stuffing mixture lightly into the neck and body cavities. Fold the loose skin over the stuffing mixture. Tie the ends of the drumsticks together.
- Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a large roasting pan. Brush the turkey with the oil. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat, not touching the bone.
- Roast at 325 degrees F. for 3 1/2 hours or until the thermometer reads 165 degrees F., basting occasionally with the pan drippings. Begin checking for doneness after 3 hours of the roasting time. Let the turkey stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Recipe Tips:
- Helper: Bake any remaining stuffing in a covered casserole with the turkey for the last 30 minutes of the roasting time or until the stuffing mixture is hot. Use an instant-read thermometer to check that the center of the stuffing mixture both in the turkey and in the casserole reaches 165 degrees F.
Per Serving: 859 calories; 41.1 g fat; 21.7 g carbohydrates; 94.4 g protein; 275 mg cholesterol; 707 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
AMAZING..... the only modifications that i made was doubling up on the sundried tomatoes n also i used about a quater cup of diced garlic to the stuffing... and to the turkey itsself i sliced ha...