Ingredients8 h 35 m servings 65 cals
- Place the pumpkin seeds in a container with a lid, and mix in the Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, bacon grease, and liquid smoke flavoring. Cover the container, and allow to stand overnight.
- Preheat the oven's broiler, and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Remove the seeds from the flavorings with a slotted spoon, and transfer into a bowl. Mix the cayenne pepper and garlic salt into the seeds, and stir to coat well. Spread the seeds over a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with additional salt.
- Roast the seeds under the broiler until toasted and golden brown, about 8 minutes; turn the seeds over twice during broiling. Cool to room temperature.
- Cook's Note:
- Soaking overnight is optional but helps the seeds soak in the flavor. The liquid smoke and bacon grease make this treat especially delish!
Per Serving: 65 calories; 3.7 g fat; 7.1 g carbohydrates; 1.6 g protein; 1 mg cholesterol; 631 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Way too much stuff for pumpkin seeds. Not a good flavor combo in my opinion.
This review is about the cooking method not the recipe… I was wanting to make pumpkin seeds but didn’t know how to roast them and there are so many different recipes with different times and tem...
Taste excatly like what it should. I made a triple batch and so since spicy seasonings can get pretty intense if there is too much i reduced the amounts by halfx3. Came out great. My kids lov...