Double Pumpkin-Beer Bread
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 218
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg in a bowl; set aside.
- Beat the sugar, canola oil, whole eggs, egg white, pumpkin beer, and pumpkin puree together in a large bowl until smooth. Combine chia seeds and water in a small bowl, then whisk in the chia seed mixture into the pumpkin mixture until smooth and well-blended. Gradually stir in the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture. Mix until smooth. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan, and layer the chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cook's Notes
- In season, many supermarkets carry pumpkin beer, however you may have to look at a specialty store. If pumpkin beer can't be found, substitute with a honey beer instead.
- This recipe could easily be doubled if you are entertaining more guests.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 218 calories; 9.1 31.7 4.4 31 359 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Love it! Gotta love chia! I get my chia at www.runningfood.com, the company is great to work with and only $5 shipping anywhere, any quantity.
I made this bread last week. It was GREAT! It's exactly what I was looking for in a pumpkin bread recipe. It has a lot of flavor and the beer gives it a good balance and moist texture. I used...
This is a wonderful recipe! Virtually impossible to mess up, so easy to mix. I accidentally doubled the nutmeg and it was STILL amazing. Everyone I shared it with enjoyed it and practically l...
This is a very good recipe - my kids loved it. I added chocolate chips to it. I live at high altitude, so it needed an additional 10 minutes.
This is a great recipe for pumpkin bread. I used equal amount of coconut oil instead of the canola oil. And for the pumpkin beer I used Lakefront Brewery Pumpkin Spice beer from Milwaukee, WI.
This was excellent! I used white whole wheat flour and Oktoberfest beer. I also cooked it in a ceramic loaf pan, so I put the temp down 25 degrees and cooked it for a bit longer. Everything else...
Absolutely incredible. I’ve made this many times and it always comes out delicious. I will say make sure to put your chia seeds in the water right before mixing them in. They’ll soak up all the ...