Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 1394
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the pheasant breasts into a baking dish, and pour in 3/4 cup white wine. Bake in the preheated oven until the pheasant is no longer pink in the center, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cool, remove the meat from the bones, and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the fettuccini, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion until it has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, spinach, and pheasant pieces. Cook until the mushrooms have softened, then pour in 1/2 cup of white wine, cover, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in the cream and pesto, and remove from the heat. Place the fettuccini in a serving bowl, pour the pheasant sauce over top, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 1394 calories; 48.2 96.8 115.1 266 477 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was really yummy, and a great way to use the pheasant from the freezer! We threw in some red bell peppers and thought that was a nice addition.
this is a great dish to make for friends and family. You may want to add a dash of salt an pepper to the chicken and just a dash of salt in the sauce for taste. If your having a dinner party thi...
very yummy. used light cream and more pesto. also added some chicken brother to the mushrooms and veggie.
We all love this!! I used chicken and we fought over the leftovers :)