Ingredients40 m servings 1402 cals
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Divide the beef in half, and form each half into a patty. Grill the beef patties for 8 to 10 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
- While the burgers are grilling, melt 1/4 cup of butter in a large skillet. Lay out 4 slices of bread, and top each slice with 2 slices of American cheese. Top each sandwich with a slice of bread to make 4 cheese sandwiches. Pan-fry the sandwiches in the butter until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Set the sandwiches aside.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet, and cook the sliced onions until browned, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- To assemble, top each grilled burger with half the onions, and place each between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches.
Per Serving: 1402 calories; 93.1 g fat; 59.5 g carbohydrates; 80.1 g protein; 356 mg cholesterol; 2723 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I LOVE this! I had never thought of adding the bacon . . . that's BRILLIANT! It is very important to use real butter and use ground beef that is not too lean (the fat adds flavor!) Seriously e...
The directions should have stated to season the beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste, and always add at least 4 slices of bacon to each burger! Like the title says this is not a bu...
OMG, this is genius! You should definitely limit this to once or twice a year, but oh my goodness, how delicious!