Ingredients35 m servings 274
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Stir 3 tablespoons honey, the lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ginger together in a small bowl; spread evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange the sliced pears in 2 rows.
- Beat the eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ginger together in a shallow dish; soak each piece of bread in the egg mixture and arrange atop the pears.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the bread is set and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- To serve, cut into squares and use a thin, flat spatula to lift each portion out of the pan and turn pear side up. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and drizzle with any syrup left in the baking dish.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 274 calories; 6.9 49.1 7.5 95 216 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Loved this recipe as a base and made it for my girlfriend's brunch club yesterday with these changes - and it was delish! 1. Triple the ingredients to make enough for 6-7 people in a 9 x 13 dis...
I tried to follow this recipe as written, but the bread would not fit properly in the 9x13 pan. I trimmed the crusts off and the four pieces fit perfectly in an 8x8 pan. My pears were not quite ...
I made this for our Saturday Brunch and it was very good. Another reviewer said that it could have used more syrup...we had just enough for the 4 slices of bread I chose to use. It would have ...
excellent recipe. My kids loved it and it was easy enough to impress overnight guests without adding to my stress. I have tried this with canned and with fresh pears, the fresh are better but ca...
I made this tonight for dessert with only a few slight adjustments. After adding the sauce to the bottom of the 9X13 dish I lined the entire dish with pears. I had about 4 rows. I used about a h...
What a great French toast recipe. So easy to make and it came out perfectly. I will try this with peaches next time.