Ingredients6 h 20 m servings 655
- Stir the water, cream of chicken and mushroom soup, and cream of mushroom soup into a large slow cooker until smoothly combined, and mix in the onion and the green and red bell pepper. Place the turkey legs into the slow cooker and cover with the sauce.
- Set the slow cooker to High, and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 3 hours, stir in the potatoes and season with salt, meat tenderizer, black pepper, and garlic powder. Cook for 2 more hours on High, stirring occasionally. Remove turkey legs and cut the meat off the bones; chop the meat, and return to the cooker. Cook for 1 more hour on High.
- About 25 minutes before serving time, bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve the turkey and sauce over the hot cooked rice.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 655 calories; 17.7 74.6 45.7 101 1275 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Excellent recipe! I love slow cooker meals and an alternative to preparing turkey legs. To increase flavor, I added 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin and 1 teaspoon of ground thyme. Instead of 2 c...
This is a good base for a turkey stew. This is definitely not your typical set it and leave it crockpot meal. We substituted sweet potatoes and added carrots, mushrooms, and peas for a well bala...
I used 2 turkey legs that we reserved from thanksgiving - they were pre cooked, but frozen. I used 4 sweet mini peppers, and 4 red potatoes. All other recipe notes were followed. There is enou...