Ingredients40 m servings 277 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Saute carrots, zucchini, squash, onion and bell pepper in a large saucepan with a small amount of olive oil. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Saute vegetables for approximately 5 minutes and pour in pasta sauce. Stir, cover and simmer until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Slice polenta into 1/2 inch circles and season with garlic salt and pepper. Heat enough oil in a medium skillet so as to completely cover the entire bottom of the pan. Pan fry seasoned polenta in hot oil, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from oil and layer the slices in a large casserole dish. Spoon the vegetable mixture over the polenta and then sprinkle with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake casserole for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 13.4 g fat; 27.1 g carbohydrates; 13.2 g protein; 28 mg cholesterol; 729 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Very good. I made the following changes, I diced the vegetables rather than slice. I added garlic, eggplant and broccoli. I also added a layer of cheese between polenta and vegetables. I coul...
I have never had polenta, much less cooked it. This was fabulous. Even my husband (a meat and potatoes kind of guy) loved it! I put all the vegetables in the food processor to shred them and ...
Very good! Next time I will not fry polenta - to save calories and I don't think it made a big difference. Also, I increased tomato sauce to 1.5 cups and reduced cheese to just a sprinkle on th...
Absolutely delicious! I didn't have zucchini so I used mushrooms and added biscuits, quartered.